7 Ways to Healthier Eyes and Body
We all know that diet and lifestyle affects our health, but did you know that this applies to your eyes too?
Eating certain foods, lifestyle changes and taking eye supplements can not only improve eyes function, but can also help protect you from some eye conditions. These include,Glaucoma, Dry eye, Macular Degeneration, Diabetic changes and poor Night vision.
1. Drink plenty of water, at least 2 litres per day. Helps to maintain bodily functions
2. Eat plenty of dark leafy vegetables, Kale, Spinach, Broccoli and all your brightly coloured veg', Peppers, Carrots, Beetroot. They are full of nutrients and antioxidants and they make great smoothies. If you hate veg' there are always supplements.
3. Increase your intake of Omega 3, either with Oily Fish, Flax seed, or an Omega 3 supplement and reduce the amount of processed foods.
4. Stop Smoking -There are so many health benefits to stopping and there is plenty of help out there.
5. Maintain a healthy weight- Not only does it reduce your chances of becoming diabetic, but you will have much more energy.
6. Wear fully UV and Blue light absorbing Sunglasses. UV light has always been know to be damaging to the eyes in a number of ways,including Macular degeneration. Recently studies indicate that there could a link between too much High energy Blue light and early onset of Macular degeneration. So get off those laptops and phones.
7. Get out there and move around just 15 minutes in the sun helps to boost you vitamin D levels and any exercise is good for you.
At McAteers we can advise you about all sorts of eye conditions and related issues. Give us call and we can book you in with one of our Opticians.